Blockchain in Mission-Critical Transactional Systems
[Download Call for Special Issue]
The International Journal of Prognostics and Health Management (IJPHM) is the premier online open access journal related to multidisciplinary research on Prognostics, Diagnostics, and System Health Management.
This is in large part rooted in Blockchain’s promise as a highly secure data backbone, to mitigate data protection, privacy, cybersecurity and interoperability concerns endemic to distributed environments. The information-theoretic underpinnings of Blockchain and its algorithmic mechanisms provides yet another paradigm for prognostics and system health management (PHM) function in sustainable systems.
This special issue is open for all contributors working in the broad field of Blockchain applications. We invite submissions of original papers capturing the paradigmatic attractiveness of a distributed ledger intended for cryptocurrencies as an enabling data bus for real-time mission-critical applications in controls, aerospace, automotive and manufacturing. Manuscripts covering Blockchain uptake today for a spectrum of activities ranging from routine, housekeeping tasks to mission-critical tasks with hard real-time deadlines, footprint and computational resource constraints are encouraged. Lessons learned and ROI from Blockchain projects including challenges encountered and insights that would particularly help other practitioners.
The Call for Papers solicits articles on but not limited to following Topics of Interest:
- Survey Papers highlighting Blockchain Projects in Mission-Critical Applications
- Blockchain Platforms and Strategies
- Hyperledger for Real-Time Applications
- Blockchain – a PHM Enabler?
- Blockchain Driving AI
- Blockchain Uptake Barriers
- Learnings from Cryptocurrencies
- Blockchain IoT, IIoT
- Smart Contracts
- Industrial Control Systems
- Blockchain in Embedded Systems
- ROI Framework for Blockchain Implementations
We invite submission in following categories for this issue. Please refer to submission guidelines & templates (papers can range from 4-12 pages in length):
- Development Briefs: Development briefs describe an instance of a Blockchain Implementation, the resultant impacts, and lessons learned with an emphasis on the successes and challenges of the development process and how it influenced the area/field. IJPHM Communications template is recommended for development briefs.
- Industry Case Studies: Case studies are descriptive accounts of the use of Blockchain platform. Techniques used, results obtained, and lessons learned can be included to share the experience with the community. depending on the level of details presented template for IJPHM full paper or Technical Brief may be used.
- Survey Papers: Survey papers are of a tutorial or review nature covering Blockchain tools and approaches or describe the best current practice, detailed characteristics and performance. These papers cover areas of general interest.
December 01, 2019 January 10, 2020 (extended)
(Please submit a brief Abstract or send an email to editors indicating your interest in submitting a paper by the submission deadline)
Submission Deadline March 15, 2020
Special Issue Editor:
Dr. Sandeep Gulati (Zyomed, USA)
Submission Instructions (Submission opens November 2019)
– Prepare a manuscript as per journal guidelines
– Create a submission through the website
– provide all authors names and other details for the paper including the manuscript.