Information for Authors
Please use the following templates when submitting an article to IJPHM:
- IJPHM Full Paper Template: Word | LaTex
- IJPHM Technical Brief Template: Word | LaTex
- IJPHM Communication Template: Word | LaTex
IJPHM templates use APA style for citations and references. For a better understanding of how APA style works please refer to slides 15-25 of this Tutorial on Basics of APA Style.
IJPHM publishes full-length regular papers, technical briefs, communications, and survey papers.
- Full-Length Regular Papers should describe new and carefully confirmed findings, and experimental procedures and results should be given in detail sufficient for others to replicate the work. A full paper should be long enough to describe and interpret the work clearly, placing it in the context of other research.
- Technical Briefs usually describe a single result, experiment, or technique of general interest for which a short treatment is appropriate. A short paper should be long enough to describe experimental procedures and clearly, and interpret the results in the context of other research.
- Communications are a separate class of short manuscripts that are subject to an expedited review process. Appropriate items include (but are not limited to) rebuttals and/or counterexamples of previously published papers. A short communication is suitable for recording the results of complete small investigations or giving details of new models or hypotheses, innovative methods, techniques or apparatus. The style of main sections need not conform to that of full-length papers. Short communications are 2 to 4 printed pages in length. The Editors will review these submissions internally, and request outside review when appropriate.
- Survey Papers covering emerging research topics in PHM are also published, and unsolicited manuscripts of a tutorial or review nature are welcome. However, prospective authors of survey papers should contact in advance the Editor-in-Chief in order to assess the possible interest of the topic to IJPHM. Papers describing specific current applications are encouraged, provided that the designs represent the best current practice, detailed characteristics and performance are included, and they are of general interest.
Prospective authors should note that for any type of IJPHM content, poorly documented papers using “proprietary” techniques will be rejected. Moreover, excessive “branding” within a paper also cause for rejection; e.g., “The team used the magical CompanyBrand™ preprocessing to prepare the data to extract the amazing CompanyBrand™-proprietary features (which we can’t tell you about).” Papers should present techniques and results clearly and objectively.
Although bound editions will be available for purchase, IJPHM is fundamentally an online journal. As such, we are able to have a very fast turnaround time. We will acknowledge receipt of submissions within three business days, and we intend to rigorously review and return a decision to the authors in approximately 8-12 weeks. Thus, papers may be published in a very short time, allowing your research to be available to the scientific community when it is most relevant.
Costs and Fees
- Submission Charges: NONE
- Article Processing Fees: NONE
- Article Access Charges: NONE
- PHM Society Membership Fee: NONE
- Any Other Charges: NONE
Access and Indexing
IJPHM is an Open Access Journal. Papers published in IJPHM will be available for download to everyone, everywhere, without restriction, and at NO COST. Authors will retain the copyright to their work through the Creative Commons license, with first publication rights granted to the Journal.
The Journal of Prognostics and Health Management is listed in Web of Science’s ESCI (Emerging Sources Citation Index ), SCOPUS database, SJR listings, the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) and has also qualified for SPARC Europe Seal . Journal archives are indexed via Google Scholar. Additionally, the journal is under evaluation by Thomson Reuter’s ISI Index and other relevant scientific indexes.
The International Journal of Prognostics and Health Management (IJPHM) publishes scientific papers dealing with all aspects of prognostics, diagnostics, and system health management of complex engineered systems. High quality articles focused on assessing the current status and predicting the future condition of an engineered component and/or system of components. Such articles may come from a variety of disciplines, including electrical, electronics, mechanical, civil, and chemical engineering, computer and materials science, reliability, test and measurement, artificial intelligence, physics, and economics.
The Prognostic and Health Management Society advocates open-access to scientific data and uses a Creative Commons license for publishing and distributing any papers. A Creative Commons license does not relinquish the author’s copyright; rather it allows them to share some of their rights with any member of the public under certain conditions whilst enjoying full legal protection. By submitting an article to the International Conference of the Prognostics and Health Management Society, the authors agree to be bound by the associated terms and conditions including the following:
As the author, you retain the copyright to your Work. By submitting your Work, you are granting anybody the right to copy, distribute and transmit your Work and to adapt your Work with proper attribution under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States license. You assign rights to the Prognostics and Health Management Society to publish and disseminate your Work through electronic and print media if it is accepted for publication. A license note citing the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License as shown below needs to be placed in the footnote on the first page of the article.
First Author et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
You can download a paper copyright form for your organization’s use if required.
Contributions to IJPHM must report original research and will be subjected to review by referees at the discretion of the Editor. IJPHM considers only manuscripts that have not been published elsewhere (including at conferences), and that are not under consideration for publication or in press elsewhere. Moreover, it is the responsibility of the author to ensure that any data or information submitted complies with the export-control regulations of the author’s home country (e.g., International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) in the United States).
IJPHM honors code of conduct provided by the Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE). A brief overview of IJPHM policies and publication ethics are listed here for authors’ reference.