Special Issue: Highlights of PHM Asia Pacific 2017
[Download Call for Special Issue]
|Full Paper Submissions by August 31, 2017
The International Journal of Prognostics and Health Management (IJPHM) is the premier online open access journal related to multidisciplinary research on Prognostics, Diagnostics, and System Health Management. PHM becomes a core engineering discipline for Industry 4.0, which enables real-time health assessment and prediction of complex engineered systems under uncertain operating conditions. This discipline has been widely applied to various engineering domains: manufacturing, automotive, air & ground transportation, energy and heavy industry, and maritime as a means to improve reliability, availability and maintainability. To focus dissemination of cutting edge research papers submitted in the 2017 Asia Pacific Conference of Prognostics and Health Management (PHMAP17), the IJPHM is thus calling for papers for a special issue on “Highlights of PHMAP17”.
This Call for Papers solicits articles on the following:
Topics of Interest:
- PHM design, including but not limited to monitoring, diagnostic and prognostic methods
- Big data analytics for PHM
- Deep learning based PHM
- Data driven PHM methods under uncertainty
- Physics based PHM methods under uncertainty
- Maintenance modeling and optimization
- Methods for PHM validation
- PHM in manufacturing
- PHM applications to cyber-physical systems
- Analysis and/or design methodology under epistemic uncertainty
- Case studies and industrial applications that illustrate physics based and data driven diagnostics & prognostics
- Full Paper Submission August 31, 2017
- Initial Review by October 31, 2017
- Revised paper submission by November 30, 2017
- Final acceptance decision by January 15, 2018
- Publication of the special issue by March, 2018
Please refer to submission guidelines & templates.
- Full-Length Regular Papers: Regular papers should describe new and carefully confirmed findings. Experimental procedures and results should be given in detail sufficient for others to replicate the work.
- Technical Briefs: Technical briefs describe a single result, experiment, or technique of general interest in short manuscripts enough to describe experimental procedures and clearly, and interpret the results in the context of other research.
- Communications: Communications are short manuscripts that include (but are not limited to) rebuttals and/or counterexamples of previously published papers and are suitable for recording the results of complete small investigations or giving details of new models or hypotheses, innovative methods, techniques or apparatus.
- Survey Papers: Survey papers are of a tutorial or review nature covering emerging research topics in PHM or describe the best current practice, detailed characteristics and performance. These papers cover areas of general interest.
Special Issue Editors:
- Prof. Byeng Dong Youn (Associate Professor, Seoul National University, Korea)
- Prof. David He (Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA)
- Prof. Hyunseok Oh (Assistant Professor, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Korea)
Submission Instructions (Submission opens August 01, 2017)
– Prepare a manuscript as per journal guidelines
– Create a submission through the website
– Select submission target as “IJPHM”, a dropdown menu will appear to select “Publication Issue”.
– Select “Special Issue from PHMAP17 Highlights” option
– provide all authors names and other details for the paper including the manuscript.
Publication timeline: Papers submitted for this issue will go through the regular review process, however will receive expedited treatment in processing.