Special Issue: PHM for Aerospace Systems
[Download Call for Special Issue]
| Abstract/NOI Deadline April 15, 2020 (extended)
Submission Deadline June 30, 2020 (extended)
The International Journal of Prognostics and Health Management (IJPHM) is the premier journal of multidisciplinary research on Prognostics, Diagnostics, and System Health Management. IJPHM is online, open access, and has no fees whatsoever to publish.
The SAE International Journal of Aerospace is the preeminent source for peer-reviewed, cutting-edge engineering research within the aerospace industry. The journal is an essential resource for anyone in academia, industry, or government seeking the latest studies and technology in aerospace engineering. In addition to being identified as some of the best published technical papers on current technology, the Journal archives historic findings and illuminates the future of aerospace engineering and how we plan to get there. The journal covers a range of subject areas, including propulsion, safety and reliability, software, systems, rotorcraft, maintenance, and general aviation.
Topics of Interest:
The topics this special issue is soliciting paper for include the following:
- Survey papers highlighting existing PHM approaches in aerospace
- Financial impact and cost-benefit analysis for deploying PHM in aerospace
- Condition-based maintenance and MRO practices linked to PHM
- Tools developed for diagnostics and prognostics
- Analytical techniques for PHM
- PHM Standards vs. PHM guidelines vs. PHM best practices
- PHM applied to electrical and autonomous aircraft
- Deploying PHM in the commercial and military applications
- Structural health management for aircraft systems
- Certification of PHM functions and relationship to maintenance credits
- Standards for PHM in aerospace systems
- Digital transformation and its impact for aerospace systems
Abstract/NOI Deadline April 15, 2020
(Please submit a brief Abstract and send an email to editors indicating your interest in submitting a paper by the submission deadline)
Submission Deadline June 1, 2020
We invite submission in following categories for this issue. Please refer to submission guidelines & templates.
- Technical Briefs: Technical briefs describe an instance of a PHM application in Aerospace domain, the resultant impacts, and lessons learned with an emphasis on the successes and challenges of the development process and how it influenced the area/field. IJPHM Technical brief template should be used.
- Full Length Papers: Full Length Papers provide descriptive accounts of the use of PHM within Aerospace or actual products. Techniques and apparatus used, results obtained, and lessons learned can be included to share experience with the community. Depending on level of details presented, IJPHM Full paper or Technical Brief template may be used.
- Survey Papers: Survey papers are of a tutorial or review nature covering PHM tools and approaches or describe the best current practice, detailed characteristics and performance. These papers cover areas of general interest.
Submission Instructions (Submission are open now)
– Prepare a manuscript as per journal guidelines
– Create a submission through the website
– Select submission target as “IJPHM”, a dropdown menu will appear to select “Publication Issue”.
– Select “Special Issue Aerospace Systems PHM” option
– provide all authors names and other details for the paper including the manuscript.
Invitation to Present:
Accepted papers are eligible for podium presentation at upcoming PHM conferences.