Hardware Demonstrations at PHM’10
The PHM Society invites participants to show off their diagnostic and prognostic engineering approaches through hardware demonstrations. The concept of the hardware demonstrations is to offer a hands-on learning experience for attendees. Demonstrations will be given as hands-on tutorials to small groups. Each tutorial will last for approximately 30 minutes where attendees will be allowed to ask questions.
As an incentive, a reimbursement of up to $1000.00 (US) will be offered to each hardware demo team for shipping expenses. We will also provide tables, chairs, power, and a flat panel display if required.
Some potential hardware demonstration topics are:
- Sensor Integration
- Rapid Aging Techniques
- System Identification Processes
- Computer Maintenance Management System Integration
- Fielded Prognostic Systems
- Certification and Validation Techniques
Interested parties should submit a brief write-up (mini-proposal) of their proposed PHM hardware demonstration, including:
- demonstration description
- amount of attendee interaction expected (additional consideration will be given for this criterion)
- educational value
- demo requirements (size, weight, facilities needed, etc.)
- what needs to be shipped?
We anticipate selecting up to six hardware demonstrations. Please send your mini-proposals to Tim Wilmering NO LATER THAN June 30, 2010.