Structural Analytics Lead
Website PARC, a Xerox Company
Building on some breakthrough developments in sensing, analytics, and the internet of things (IoT), we have exciting new opportunities for a structural analytics lead role to support Fibridge, a new joint venture between Xerox and VicTrack. You will play a key hands-on lead technical role to rollout/deploy and bring innovative optical sensing-based monitoring solution to market for transportation structures. The technology employs cutting-edge optical sensors, asset models, and advanced analytics to help customers optimize and manage critical structural and transportation assets through the IoT. A case study with details is available at:
We are currently in late-stage customer trials and are looking to build a dynamic, collaborative team to get the technology ready to scale, harden the technology components, streamline the modeling/analytics pipeline, and help create the vision for the product platform. The ideal candidate for the position of Lead, Analytics is a self-starter who can take ideas from the drawing board to product deployment and commercialization. We are seeking candidates interested in delivering innovations and results that will make real impact upon the world.
- Lead and own the analytics development to take an innovative optical sensing and predictive analytics solution to market.
- Contribute to the vision for the product platform and architecture
- Actively lead and manage onshore/offshore Analytics team
- Collaborate with technical and business cross-functional teams for integrated product architecture definition, and lead advanced analytics development, deployment, and validation
- Ensure the robustness, fidelity and reliability of the analytics solution
- Steer developments for the structural model developments, make suitable decisions with the team on model complexity
- Interpret and reconcile empirical data with first-principles analytical and/or numerical simulations
- Mentor analytics team members, manage conflicts, schedules/priorities and resource issues
- Scale and maintain a world-class analytics team through mentoring, cross-training, and recruiting
- Supervise coding effort for structural analytics leveraging best in class physics models, AI, and software engineering tools
- Manage interactions with key internal and external stakeholders including effectively communicating analytics technology status, vision, and roadmap
- Work with other technical and business development teams to lead definition and development of advanced data analytics
- Produce clear graphics and visualizations to explain procedures and communicate results
- PhD or equivalent experience in Civil / Electrical / Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering, Computer science, Statistics, or related fields.
- Expertise in data analytics and structural physics modeling
- Innovative and creative thinker strong drive to learn and mentor. Able to break down complex problems
- Familiarity with variety of core tools, classification, regression, clustering and understanding of options to various problem types (e.g., when to use naïve Bayes, logistic regression, linear SVM, boosting, random forests, neural networks etc.).
- Experience with standard tools such as R/Python libraries such as Pandas, matplotlib, numpy, scikitlearn, etc.
- Ability to lead development of repeatable documented workflows for analytic processes
- Knowledge of the state-of-the-art in machine learning and applicable libraries such as Torch, Theano, TensorFlow
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Prior experience in leading software teams and algorithm development
- Commitment to developing quality software
- Ability to manage through ambiguity
About PARC, a Xerox Company
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients’ businesses.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.