The conference hotel is the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa, 1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, California.
A group room block with a rate of $137 (which is the prevailing government room rate) has been negotiated for attendees based on single or double occupancy. These rooms are available on a first-come first-serve basis and only until Sept. 8, 2009. After that, the common room rates will be available, so please book early. To receive the negotiated room rate, please use this direct link. Alternatively, you can call the hotel at  800-445-8667 and mention the PHM Society conference. This rate will be honored three days before until three days after the conference and will require a one night deposit. In case of cancellations, only those made more than 48 hours prior to arrival will guarantee return of the deposit.
Transportation from the airport can be accomplished via shuttle (for example Cloud 9). Cost of shuttle is about $12 one-way. Reservations can be made ahead of time, but the shuttle makes many stops at the airport and goes directly to the hotel. Those who are planning to rent a car are advised that hotel parking for conference attendees is $10/day ($22/day normally).
The San Diego Airport (SAN) is only 6 miles from the hotel. Most major airlines maintain flights to and from San Diego.
Things To Do
San Diego is located just north of the US-Mexico border on the Pacific Ocean. The hotel is centrally located near the world famous San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, Historic Old Town and Legoland California. The Gaslamp Quarter hosts world class shopping and fine dining. For sports fans, Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres, and Qualcomm Stadium, home of the San Diego Chargers, are just a trolley ride away.
At the hotel you can hang out on the beach, jog or take a bike ride along the boardwalk of beautiful Mission Bay, do some sea-kayaking or wakeboarding, sailing, or splashing around the pool. You can enjoy spa treatments or play tennis, or just relax around a fire pit at Acqua, the newly designed restaurant while you view Mission Bay and enjoy California cuisine. There’s plenty to do for the little ones at Kids Kamp, including arts and crafts, swimming, beach games, face painting, sand castle building and much more.
- La Jolla – upscale community with gorgeous panoramic ocean views, boutique stores, and superb dining.
- Old Town – margaritas, mariachis, unique souvenir shopping
- Seaport Village – quaint village on the harbor downtown. Offers beautiful views of the San Diego Bay, and great souvenir shopping.
- Coronado – island that houses the beautiful Hotel Del Coronado. It offers sandy beaches, quant cafes, and gorgeous views of downtown San Diego from the North of the island.
- Balboa Park – exceptional museums, architecture, and botanical gardens.
- World Famous San Diego Zoo.
- Cabrillo National Monument – The southernmost tip of the U.S. offering great views of San Diego harbor and tide pooling.
- Sightseeing tours via Old Town Trolley Tours – pickup from the hotel at 9am and 10am daily.
- Sightseeing tours via San Diego Grayline. Visit www.sandiegograyline.com for more information about city tours.
- Las Americas Outlet shopping – from the Old Town Trolley Station (2miles from the resort), you can take the blue trolley line towards San Ysidro. This will drop you off right by the Las Americas Outlets.
- Daily harbor excursion tours (1 and 2 hour tours of San Diego Bay) via Hornblower Cruises & Events or Harbor Excursions.