PHM16 Doctoral Symposium
Call for Participation
|Key Conference Dates|
|Application Submission Deadline|
|Notification of Selection||Jul 11, 2016|
|Doctoral Symposium||Oct 02, 2016|
|PHM Conference Dates||Oct 03-06, 2016|
Doctoral Symposium Posters
|Doctoral Symposium Posters|
|Circuit Breaker Health and Reliability Monitoring: The Key to Realizing a Smarter Electricity Grid
Payman Dehghanian, Texas A&M University
|Algorithms for Hybrid Diagnostics of Nonlinear Systems
Turki Haj Mohamad, Villanova University
|Fault-Tolerant Supervisory Control Mechanism for Chiller Plants
Khushboo Mittal, University of Connecticut
|Bayesian Cramér-Rao Bounds for Time-of-Failure Probability Mass Function Estimation
David Acuña, University of Chile
|Development of Deep Learning Based Approaches for Rotating Machinery Fault Diagnosis with Big Data
Miao He, University of Illinois at Chicago
|Model-Based Failure Prognosis Approach for Complex Systems to Support Asset Management
Olivier Blancke, École de Technologie Supérieure
|Toward Battery Health Management for Small-size Battery-powered Rotary-wing Aircraft
Gina Sierra, University of Chile
|Deep Learning Based Diagnosis of Journal Bearing Rotor Systems
Joon Ha Jung, Seoul National University
|Probabilistic Pipe Strength and Toughness Estimation through Information Fusion with Bayesian Updating
Sonam Dahire, Arizona State University
|Meta Learning for Fault Tolerant PHM Systems Considering Correlated Failures
Saikath Bhattacharya, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
Application Submission Process
The PHM Society Doctoral Symposium will be held as a workshop on October 2, 2016. In order to participate, submit the following documents to the Doctoral Symposium Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email by May 9, 2016 with the following:
- Three-page abstract describing your thesis topic (must be PHM related). Every abstract needs to follow the conference paper submission template in Word or Latex. Links to templates and example abstracts can be found here on the webpage. The abstract must include the following:
- Concise statement of the problem addressed
- Expected contributions to the field
- Proposed research plan, including work already performed and preliminary results
To allow sufficient time for discussions, the organizing committee will select up to 10 students (maximum 2 selections per academic institution). Students in early stages of research (at least two years remaining) will be given preference.
Each selected full-time student will receive free registration and a travel subsidy of up to $1,500 USD covering:
- Meals not provided by conference (per diem applies)
- Accommodation (shared hotel room for entire conference)
- Transporation (airfare, transport to/from airport)
All selected students are required to present a poster of their research, and their abstracts will appear in the conference proceedings.
All students attending the conference are invited to attend the Doctoral Symposium even if they are not presenting their work. The Symposium is an excellent opportunity to connect with other students in the field and to benefit from advice and insights from the expert panel.
We accept submissions from any topics relevant to the conference. The evaluation will be based on the quality and completeness of the submission package, stage of research (preferably at the early stage of the research so that constructive feedback from the panel can be incorporated into the thesis), and on the perceived research potential of the candidate. Notification of acceptance will be provided by July 11, 2016. Accepted candidates will receive detailed instructions regarding preparation for their presentation at the Doctoral Symposium.
Please note the following:
- Students who participated in previous Doctoral Symposia are not eligible to participate again this year.
- Travel reimbursement and free registration is only available to full-time students. Part-time graduate students who are employed in the industry are welcome to participate, but they will not be eligible for travel reimbursement and free registration.